And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. Rev 13:11
The false prophet is a major player in the end-times who is described by John as one who helps the false Christ (Antichrist) and Satan in a great rebellion against God and His people. He is also referred to as the “second beast” in Revelation.
15 Signs – The False Prophet
1. COMES OUT OF THE EARTH= Resurrected? Comes out of the bottomless pit? “…beheld another beast coming up out of the earth…”
2. TWO HORNS = Strength “…and he had two horns…” Horns denote strength. (“…he exerciseth all the power of the first beast..,” Rev. 13:11).
3. LIKE A LAMB = False Jesus? An imposter? “…like a lamb.” When John the Baptist saw Jesus approaching he proclaimed, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!” Jesus is the Lamb so “like a lamb” might imply that the false prophet will be a false Jesus.
4. SPEAKS LIKE SATAN = A liar. – “…Spake as a dragon…” The Holy Bible identifies the dragon as Satan, “And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him,” Revelation 12:9. How does Satan speak? Jesus scolds the Pharisees, “Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.”
5. COMES AFTER FIRST BEAST (false Christ) – “….And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth…And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast BEFORE him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed,” Revelation 13:11-13. “And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles BEFORE him…These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone,” Revelation 19:20.
6. EXERCISES GREAT POWER – “…he exerciseth all the power of the first beast…” (Two horns = strengths power).
7. COMMANDS WORSHIP OF THE FALSE CHRIST – “…causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast.”
8. MAKES FIRE RAIN FROM HEAVEN – “…And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,” Revelation 13:13.
9. A DECEIVER – “…And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast…” Revelation 13:14.
10. MAKES AN IMAGE OF THE FALSE CHRIST – “…saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live,” Revelation 13:12.
11. GIVES LIFE TO IMAGE OF FIRST BEAST – “…And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak,” Revelation 13:15.
12. KILLS ALL WHO REFUSE TO WORSHIP OF THE IMAGE OF THE FALSE CHRIST – “…and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed,” Revelation 13:15.
13. KILLS THOSE WHO REFUSE THE FALSE CHRIST’S MARK, NAME OR NUMBER (666) – “…And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads…” (Rev. 13:16), “…Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.” Rev. 13:18. *Mark of his name – “And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.” Revelation 14:1
14. POSSESSED WITH EVIL SPIRITS– “…And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet,” Revelation 16:13.
15. THROWN INTO LAKE OF FIRE – “And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone,” Revelation 19:20.
If you enjoy books on the end-times you might like SCARS with over 250 five-star reviews!
Revelation comes to life in this adrenaline-fueled Christian thriller weaved with End Times prophecy. A heart-wrenching story of a young girl set during the Tribulation, SCARS chronicles the beginning of the End of the World, as earth-shattering events lead up to the Apocalypse as foretold in the Bible.
Following SCARS is the captivating sequel in this epic end-times series torn from the pages of Revelation.
TRIAL BY FIRE takes you on an unforgettable journey through the apocalyptic ruins of a Northern California city into the vast wilderness where Brock must decide on which side he will fight. Will he bow down to the beast and take the mark?
Available in most bookstores including Amazon and Barnes & Noble.